Monday, August 20, 2012

Lava Lava!

We look forward to going to Lava Hot Springs every year with David's Moms family. We go up on Sunday and leave Wednesday after breakfast. The fun usually starts Sunday night with going to the hot pools. His family loves sitting in the hottest pool. I figure it is because it is not as crowded which is nice.

Monday was pool day. David and I were in charge of lunch at the pool, so we provided sandwiches. This year the boys actually lasted more then two minutes in the pool. Aiden of course was a little more hesitant but warmed up to the water pretty fast.
David's cousin Karina and I went down the slides this year. Last year I was too chicken so this I did it. I was suppose to go off the first platform with her too but we left earlier so we could get the boys down for a nap, so in the end I did not make the jump. We all had a lot of fun and my niece and nephew Scarlett and Harrison went down the kiddie slide a little more then a thousand times. I wish I had a picture of Harrison's face. He would prepare for the water way early by having his eyes closed and mouth shut, it was great.
The rest of the day we hung out, played games, napped and ate food.


Ross and Adrie with the boys


 Aiden, Oliver and Scarlett found the chest full of ice and loved sucking on them. Mmmm!

Tuesday was floating the river day. I always get a little anxious before the first float because you never know how it is going to be. But after the first run all fears are gone. Two years ago we decided to hold onto each others tubes forming one long line and we've never gone back. It is so much more fun seeing everyone's reaction and laughing together rather then going alone. Also this way, rarely anyone falls off. If someone does it is usually brought on by their own doing or trying to do a trick.
On our second time down everything was great, we made it down the first and second drop without a hitch. Ross and I were in the front of the line and we got pushed to the side which made us stop. We then  were at the end getting dragged through the trees. We were about to go under the bridge when I realized that my tube was deflating, and pretty rapidly. Within seconds I had no tube and couldn't get out of the water, so I hurried and pulled myself up onto David's tube in front of me and made it through the rapids without a scratch. Once it was smooth I got out where I did get scratched and met up with his mom, aunt Karen, Adrie and the twins who were watching from the sidelines. We met back up at the truck and went to fetch me a tube and go down the river again. The guy at the tube rental told us that the next tube was free but if it happened again I would have to pay for it so the next 5 times we went down I made sure to stay away from the edges. I love floating the river and I would say it is my favorite day in Lava.

this is not the bridge where I had to try and survive at. :)


I love David's face in this picture, and the whole time Ross kept saying he was "Michael Phelpsing it up" because at one point he used his flip flops to paddle to catch up to us. He was hilarious the entire time, but I am not sure what pose he was trying to pull off here.


Running into people, Yeah it's our thing!

Josh almost lost it there


See you next year Lava Lava!!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa McAllister for the awesome accommodations.

No comments:

Post a Comment